Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cupcakes and Magic in the OC


Two words: Girls' Weekend. It has to be done at least once a year. This time we headed up to the OC and stayed in the lovely Dana Point. The weather was outstanding and just added to the blissful perfection of the girls weekend! Chris really doesn't understand exactly what you DO on a girls weekend - so this list is for him.

We relaxed at the pool sipping on our pina colada smoothies, hit just about every mall around, saw 2 movies, shopped in 90 degree heat at the Santa Monica flea market, searched Montana Ave. for "macarones", played papparazzi at the Ivy, chatted with Magic Johnson and Cookie while waiting in line for popcorn at the movies, taste tested Crumbs cupcakes vs. Sprinkles cupcakes (Sprinkles won, BTW), stopped to get a Diet Coke probably more than once, were awakened at 3 AM by the evil hotel fire alarm, visited Roger's Gardens, shopped with Billy Baldwin and Hope from "Thirty Something", and gave a shoutout to someone called Ruffio from Hook, we ate gelato, crepes, amazing salads, sweet corn tamale cakes, cupcakes and more until we were sick, shopped at Anthropologie for almost an hour after they had closed (no one bothered to tell us they were closed they just gave us dirty looks), took a walk on the beach, read trashy celebrity gossip magazines, drove in lots of traffic and laughed the whole time! Girls, please let me know if I left anything out! Thanks to our wonderful husbands for making it happen!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like my type of trip - are you sure you didnt miss anything because you were gone for 4 days! Really it looked like you did everything perfect for a getaway with the girls, glad you had a fun time! You guys are celebrity magnets!

jill said...

I must say that I am a little jealous. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could do fun things like that. I'm glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

hey kristi, shelley stabile here! I stumbled on your blog, I am so jealous of the girls weekend, it sounds like so much fun. I only dream of this. Good for you guys!

Eve said...

That sounds pretty perfect. Aren't girls weekends the best kind?

Doug and Kristen said...

I'd like to just go on ONE girls weekend before I die. Maybe before this baby is born :)