Thursday, February 7, 2008

Little Froggy leg

 

No, he didn't break his leg. It's a stretching cast. He'll wear it for about 2 weeks just to give his leg muscle a nice long stretch. As he was on the table with the technician cranking his foot down as hard as she could, we made up some stories to tell in case anyone asked what happened. Our favorite is: "I was in Paris climbing the Eiffel tower when someone hit me on the head with a baguette and I fell down and broke my leg." We haven't fooled anyone yet. Last time he had a blue cast and he decided then that the next one would be green. So when they asked what color, there was no hesitation. He picked the brightest greeny-est color there. He was very excited about it until the tech finished and then looked at his leg and said, "Hey, it looks just like a little froggy foot." You should have seen his face, he was so sad. He gets really mad if I call him froggy, but I can't help myself. All his preschool friends signed it and then he christened it with a nice mud bath at preschool the next day. It was the first time he came home from school dirty. How lucky that it happened to be on the first day of his two week no bath or shower stint. There was actually mud on his little toes in the cast - gross! Dirty little froggy foot! Anyway, I'm so proud of my sweet, brave guy! He is handling it like a little trooper!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Eve said...

Can't wait to see (smell) that cute little froggy leg on Sunday. What a trooper.

Rachel said...

Poor little guy - I have a son that would love to sign his cast. We need to get them together more often -Fridays are the only day right? Its good that you are getting this done before he starts kindergarten.

William said...

I am also very proud of my brave grandson. You are the smartest, most intelligent, most charming, and best looking kid I know. You are surely one of the Lord's chosen and most beloved sons.
I love you Owen!
Your Grandpa