Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Animal Rescue

 


We tried to pull off an amazing animal rescue, "Diego" style today. This morning I saw this bird out in our front yard. It's a crazy looking bird, right? I got as close to it as I could to see what the heck kind of beak it had. At first I thought maybe it had some kind of trash stuck to its beak and it was suffering, but the closer I looked the more confused I got. I snapped these pictures because I knew no one would believe me, just like the time no one believed me when I saw a kimodo(sp?)dragon on the side of the road in Fallbrook, but that's beside the point. Anyway, when I got back to the house later in the afternoon it was still in the same spot. I guess because I felt I owed a good deed to all animalhood because of how we mistreated our cat earlier in the month, we decided to call animal friends of the valley. I tried to describe it to the operator but I was pretty sure she thought I was a crazy lady calling them to save a pigeon with a red beak. Well, to make a long story short, the person who came out had no idea what kind of bird it was or what was up with the crazy red and green plastic beak. But the bird turned out to be just fine, because it flew away like a perfectly healthy bird as soon as she tried to grab it. I still feel good about it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debbie said...

that is one crazy bird. glad you got a picture of it because i was having a hard time picturing it myself:)