Monday, January 14, 2008

Getting away and abusing our pet

Chris had a partner retreat in Oakland this weekend, so I just tagged along. While Chris was in meetings, I spent most of my time reading in the room with a box of See's candies. I did venture just outside the hotel to wander around Barnes and Noble for hours, visit the cafe and then return to my cozy room. It was a dream (I only felt the teeniest bit guilty about it). We had some incredible dinners with the partners and went to a jazz concert one night. The kids were well cared for by Mimi and Granddad. They had a day at the zoo and a pizza party and sleepover with the Burnetts. The only one who suffered over our getaway was Quincy our cat. We came home and discovered he had been locked in the garage. His cat door was stuck closed. When we rescued him his little nose was cut and bloody from trying to get the door open! And he was very hungry. Please don't tell PETA about this.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Doug and Kristen said...

Poor kitty! I'm glad you had a great and relaxing time. Did you like the book?

Eve said...

Sad! I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Sounds like you had a nice break!

Bobette said...

Hey i have an account or whatever it's called, not a blog, so I can comment! cool huh? That's gross a) a cat b) with a bloody nose!!!!