Monday, October 15, 2007

Giving in to Disney once again...



A while ago, Owen and I were in Home Depot. You know how they have the Disney line of paints. We always have to go over and check out the paints and pick out a few hundred sample cards that then get left all over the car. Well, little did I know that they had added a new "Cars" themed room to their display. Owen was in awe, totally speechless. He thought it was the coolest room he had ever seen. He had been bugging us for over a year to paint his room. He had even drawn up some sketches of what he would like his room to look like (we may watch too much HGTV around here). As soon as he saw that room there was no putting him off any longer. He wanted that room - the lightning mcqueen bed, the red, yellow and blue color theme that hurt your eyes -- disney in its full glory. Well, we made a few compromises .. the room turned out a little more Disneyesque than I had promised myself I would allow in the house. But really how can you resist buying that cheesy $5o Cars lamp when your son thinks he has died and gone to heaven when he sees it?? I couldn't. We aren't quite finished with the room, but I have a feeling it may be like this for a while!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

It looks so cute - oh my Luke will be quite envious when he sees it next, the things we do for our kids!

Debbie said...

it turned out so cute! now you need to enter your pictures on to hgtv:)

Julie said...

Is that a tool box for a dresser?! Very creative, and oh, so cute!!!