Monday, October 6, 2008

I want to run!!!

It figures ... I go and spend most of my life trying to avoid any type of physical exertion then when I figure out that I really enjoy sweating and look forward to getting up early out of my comfy bed to go running of all things - I actually lose the ability to do it. How's that for irony! I have been recovering from a "sports injury" for the last THREE weeks. For once, it was more than just getting hit in the head with a ball (my head is a ball magnet), I pulled my hamstring playing soccer. Why was I playing soccer? Why was I trying to run down a teenage girl? I don't know the answer - all I know is that now I can't sit through 3 hours of church and I can walk but for some reason I can't run at all. It's thoroughly depressing. I run with some friends on Saturday mornings - last week they ran NINE miles while I was home probably eating a donut or something. I will never be able to catch up!

6 comments:

TheIsom8 said...

Kristi-That stinks! At least you are talented enough to even play soccer. I am quite the klutz! I hope you feel better very, very soon!

Cheryl said...

You love to run? I've never heard of such a thing! (:

Cheryl said...

P.S. Sorry you're hurt though!

Debbie said...

sorry to you are hurt. man, i wish we ran together when i lived there:)

Rachel said...

9 miles - who are these friends? I need some serious motivation to start running again, I cant seem to find any. Sorry about your injury, that stinks!

Doug and Kristen said...

Maybe by the time I can work out again, you'll be ready too! It won't be running anywhere close to 9 miles, though.