Saturday, October 18, 2008

Our scary Halloween house

I love all holidays and feel an intense need to decorate for every changing season. The kids love it too and get so excited on decorating day. I pulled out 4 boxes of Halloween stuff this year. And if you know me at all - you know it's the cutesy smiling pumpkins type of stuff - no skeleton hand candy bowls here! Our kids are far too wimpy for that kind. Shortly after decoration day - Shelby had a hard time falling asleep one night. Chris immediately blamed me and my "scary" decorations. "How do you expect someone to sleep when the house is full of skulls?" I guess he doesn't appreciate them as much as the kids do.

Another thing I love about fall is baking. We've already had pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, apple strudel, apple crostada, apple cake ... it's just the beginning of the 3 month long holiday eating frenzy! Now, if the weather would just cooperate we can begin to celebrate properly. I would like to be able to wear a sweater some day soon.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Your decorating looks amazing, I would love to hire you to do my house. You did however make me very jealous at all your baking, I actually started feeling really sorry for myself because I dont have a kitchen and cant make all those yummy things - Pathetic I know! I so am ready for a change in my wardrobe, I am sick of my short sleeves and shorts.

Debbie said...

your house is always so cute!

i need a favor. do you remember making mini muffins for our vt gals? you made me some too and i have been dreaming about them since. can you send me the recipe?

thanks!

Maria said...

I love the Halloween decorations! I put my out too early this year and now I'm tired of them.