Thursday, November 1, 2007

Highlights of Hawaii

Some of the highlights of our trip:
Driving around in the blue party van.
Electric Beach - like snorkeling in a giant aquarium with a jacuzzi
Renting our own boat for free diving (thanks Jeff!)
Molosadas (the first day)
Walking the beautiful beach at Lanakai
Watching the guys take part in an illegal financial transaction with Morey in Kailua
Seeing the Carpenters and Greenes launch their kayaks
A perfect day on the beach in Waikiki
For me, two good meals (Roys and Dukes) lots more for Chris
Swimming with a sea turtle
Cruising in our 'stang
A giant shave ice (next time it's Matsumotos!)
Getting upgraded to business class on the way home because we were late
Having our kids be thrilled with tacky souveniers we brought home from Hilo Hatties

The lowlights:
Coming down with the flu on our second full day
Throwing up in the room
Throwing up on the beach and having a guy give me post hangover advice
Losing a whole roll of pictures from the underwater camera of the most amazing snorkeling
Molosadas (Sadly, I may never be able to eat them again.)

It has been a cathartic experience going through these pictures, as I have been in a post vacation slump. I'm still having a hard time believing that I spent a whole day in bed while in Hawaii. Looking through the pictures makes me realize that we really did have an awesome time. Thanks Mom and Sorensons for taking such good care of our kids! Now I am just plotting a way to get back with the whole family!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad to see some days were fun, after speaking to you today I felt horrible for you being sick. It looks so pretty - and you look so skinny!

Julie said...

What a place to get sick...that stinks! Beautiful pictures! I think I should start giving hints (pressure) to Eric to whisk me away!

ps How is Annie doing? That house is still available 2 doors down from me...and at a ridiculous discount price,too! (They were looking at it)

Doug and Kristen said...

Check you out with the fancy blog and slide shows! You're a pro now and need to teach me a few things. From the pictures, you can't even tell you weren't feeling well.

Cheryl said...

Sounds like so much fun, except for the throwing up part! That is a crack up though about the advice at the beach.

G Family said...

You are so dang cute with your blog. I relived all our adventures all over again. I'm so glad you started to feel better. I felt so bad leaving you in such a state. I love the hightlights and lowlights. Jeff and I got a good laugh. Good Times! We miss you guys. Hopefully, we'll see you soon.
Annie