Thursday, November 29, 2007

'tis the season

We had a great Thanksgiving! We enjoyed not one, but two amazing Thanksgiving meals. Then to top it all off, our kids went home with Mimi and Grandad for a sleepover at their house! As Chris and I drove away from our last Thanksgiving meal stuffed full of good food and enjoying the peace and quiet in the car, we certainly counted our blessings!

Now we are in full Christmas mode. We climbed ladders and strung lights and I attempted to duct tape sparkly garland and snowflakes to the stucco on the house (by the way, it doesn't work I just retaped it for the bazillioneth time). At one point on Saturday, the whole family was on the roof - even Owen and the cat. I would have liked to get a pic for the blog, but I couldn't leave them up there alone to go get the camera! I'm not crazy.

Well, maybe Chris thinks I am. Every day he has come home from work to a house that looks a Christmas bomb went off, kids who have had very little supervision, no dinner and me covered in glitter. Let's just say, I get a little intense at this time of year. But, I promised myself last year, that this year we would have a simpler, more spiritual Christmas. I am publicly reminding myself of that! If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it! My family would certainly appreciate it!

4 comments:

Doug and Kristen said...

At least you've put up your Christmas stuff. Mine is still in boxes in my dining room. I'm not that excited to even put it up because every year I'm bummed that I don't have cute decorations. I'm just trying to delay those feelings by keeping them boxed up. The boxes just blend in with all the kitchen stuff in boxes from our remodel. What were we thinking doing this in December?

Doug and Kristen said...

Wow, that was really long. Sorry.

Rachel said...

So I have tried the tape to the stucco thing too and its really annoying me - what to do - the cords are driving me crazy. Please if you find a solution let me know!

Eve said...

I love the "I get a little intense" line - you crack me up.

I think your "intensity" makes up for Kristen's and mine. We will be lucky to get the tree up. :P